Tuesday, October 10, 2006

My Dock

When I was "on my own", I found a quiet place where I went after school to do my homework. This place became my home for the longest time. It was in a secluded area where no one could bother me. I spent many nights on this dock. The one in the picture is a nicer version of my dock, but this one paints the perfect picture of the serenity I felt during the tumultous years.
...And the sunsets, Oh my.



Only once I was finally able to get a job after-school, working until midnight, was I finally able to find a place cheap enough that I could afford to live in while I finished high school.

2 Comments:

Blogger BEPenfriends said...

Hi Noel, Good to see your blog and the tigress is good.

Albert
http://blogs.bepenfriends.com/bepenfriends

12:58 AM  
Blogger Terry said...

Dear Noel...How nice that you had this quiet little spot in your life!

I don't think I really ever did have a quiet private spot myself.
When my sister Betty and I, and my two little brothers were growing up, it seemed we never went anywhere without the others.
In a way we DID have our own private spot though.
We used to go the the "Little Woods", and build a fort.
We would take our jug of freshie, peanut butter sandwiches, and bottle of honey with us.
We would pick a basket of green crab apples and have a real feast in our little "home".
A little home, made of tree branches, pine leaves, and love, far away from the busy world outside.
After eating our sandwiches, we would dip the green apples into honey and wash the whole delicious feast down with the freshie..
So good!! Just glorious!
On our way home, we would stop at the fallen tree that we used to call our "Rocking Horse", and each sit on our own branch and take a bouncy ride.
Betty would dig up an assortment of wild flowers to take home to transplant.
She had the greenest thumb that girl!
After we finally got home though it was a different matter.
NONE of us wanted supper!!
ALL of us just wanted to go to bed with mom telling us in not a soft voice...
"How many times have I warned you kids about eating green apples?
You all have stomach aches now and it is your OWN fault!
I think this was one of my mom's favorite expressions Noel!

Ha!! Such good memories!!
I wouldn't trade them for the world!!..from Terry

Have a good night and a better day.
I have to work 24 hours shift over Thursday and Friday..

12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home